Wig hair extensions are now no longer strange to women all over the world, especially wigs made of human hair. People mostly choose to wear human hair wigs because they look and act as natural hair would. A human hair wig is a worthy investment, hence you should focus more on caring for them. But, how to do that? Let’s follow our tips and advice.
Let’s get started.
Before washing the human hair wig
Remember to gently comb it with your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to remove all tangles. We recommend you start at the tips of the hair and slowly work your way up to the base of the cap. Then, wet your hair by holding it under the bathtub tap or wet it in the shower. This will stop the hair from getting tangled in a basin or sink.
Wash Your Human Hair Wig
Use a small amount of shampoo to work up a lather in your hands and apply it to your wig. Avoid twisting, rubbing or massaging the wig because it can cause the hair to tangle or break. After applying the shampoo from top to tip, rinse your hair thoroughly using clean, cold running water.
While your human hair wig is still wet, spread a small amount of conditioner into the palm of your hands and gently work it into the hair. Conditioning is very useful in limiting some hair problems happening on your hair. When you do this, be sure to avoid applying the conditioner to the base of the wig because it can loosen the knots on the cap making your wig become loose hair.
The important tip is that you leave the conditioner in your natural human hair wig for 3 to 5 minutes to smoothen the hair. While the wig is wet, detangle it gently, start at the tips of the hair and work your way up. Once your wig has been detangled, thoroughly rinse the conditioner using lukewarm water.
Drying your wig
Once you’ve finished shampooing and conditioning your wig, lightly squeeze any excess water from the hair. Pat your human hair wig gently with a towel to remove any extra water. It’s best to leave your human hair wig to air dry on a wig stand because it’s the most gentle method and helps preserve your natural human hair wigs.
Styling your human hair wig
After the wig is completely dry, you should add a small amount of heat protectant to your hair. This will help protect your hair from heat damage. Then, you can use heat styling tools such as curling irons, flat irons and hair dryers to style your hair.
How To Keep Your Wigs Shiny and Last Longer
- Keep your beautiful human hair wigs out of direct sunlight. Sunlight may fade the hair color, so keep the wig away from direct light.
- To avoid hair loss, breakage and matting, don’t wear your wig to bed. If you wear it, make sure you wear a silk cap to keep the wig in place.
- After using, store your wig in a box or a storage bag. Carefully twist the extensions into a circle with the ends closest to the middle and place them in the box. This will help to keep your wig away from harm.
- Preserve the color and texture of your wig by avoiding contact with seawater and hot water as well.
- Lighter hair colors are more delicate than darker hair colors because of additional processing. So, girls with blonde hair should be careful while washing and storing the wig.
Is this article useful for you? If yes, please share it with your friends. If you want to get more information about wigs, follow our website.
Thanks so much for reading!