For those who want to change their looks dramatically, hair extensions will be the best choice which offer the combination of versatility and length. Although sew in hair extensions is a very popular method, glued hair is another technique that was experimented by many people. Instead of having to deal with sewn closures or the temporariness of clip in hair extensions, glue-ins allow wearers to apply them on a strand-by-strand level. In this article, we will share with you some information about glued hair extensions. Let’s get started.
1. Pros Of Glued Hair Extensions
- Versatility: The glued hair extensions can be curly, straight or wavy. It can either be made of human hair or synthetic hair. You can choose between different lengths and colors until you gain the look you like.
- Polished Final Look: When you complete the installation, it is very difficult for other people to know whether you wear hair extensions or not.
- Long Lasting: The lifespan of glued-in hair extensions is very long, so it can be worn for up to 4 months. This is ideal for those who want their hair to be low-maintenance.
2. Cons Of Glued Hair Extensions
- Heat: This technique is done by applying hot glue through a glue applicator. Beyond the risks of being burned during the installation, heat damage is another concern.
- Potential Hair Loss: Most hair extensions have to face a certain amount of risk when it comes to hair loss and damage. Because the glued hair adds weight to the hair and stresses the scalp, breakage and loss are unavoidable.
- Price: Although glue-ins can be very cost-effective, the cost of removal and maintenance will be a big problem over time.
3. Removing Hair Extensions
Whether you are saving money or getting ready for a new installation, the hair should be taken out as safely as possible. Here are a few ways to remove glued hair extensions that you should try.
Using Oil To Removed Glued Hair Extensions
One way that will help remove glued hair extensions is using oil. There are many types of oil you can choose such as almond, olive or baby oil depending on what you can get your hands on. After leaving the oil on the extension for at least 15 minutes, you can comb the loosened bond out of your hair. If it doesn’t work out, you can repeat the process for getting expected results.
Using Dish Soap
Dish soap is considered to be another effective method of removing glue bonds from your hair. Start with the dish soap and rubbing it around the glue. You should leave the soap on your hair for an hour or two to get the best result. Once that has been dealt with, you can start removing the bonds. You just have to wash your hair out to rinse the remaining soap.
Conditioner is a popular product among women that has a lot of functions. However, you need to make your hair wet before using it for glue bond removal. After the first rinse, you should apply a large amount of conditioner onto your hair and wrap your hair with a towel for about 20 minutes. Then, simply rinse the conditioner out and gently comb the remaining glue out of your hair. You can repeat the process for many times if it doesn’t come out for the first time.
If you want to remove the glue bonds without using removal cream, peanut butter will be the best option. Similar to the three previous methods mentioned above, you first use peanut butter by applying it to your glue adherents and leave it on your hair for about 15 to 30 minutes. Over time, the glue bonds will loosen and allow you pull it out easily. However, make sure that you give the peanut butter enough time to work.
As you can see, although glued hair extensions has a lot of advantage, there are certain precautions that need to be taken with. Fortunately, there are many ways that glue-in hair extension wearers can try to remove the bonds. With these ways, you don’t have to worry about anything. So, let’s try ponytail hairstyles or braid hairstyles. Contact Luxshinehair.com if you want to buy hair extensions or get help. Thanks for reading!
Hello there. I’m Elara Larson. I’m a hair stylist and blogger about the latest trends in hair extensions. I hope to help you find the best extensions for your needs. Thanks!
#elaralarson #haircare #hairstyles #hairextensions #hairknowledge